2 Job Opportunities at Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) – Forest Officers II
Forest Officer II (2 – Post) – Tanzania Forest Services TFS, August, 2023
JOB VACANCIES AT TANZANIA FOREST SERVICES (TFS) AGENCY
(ONE YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT)
Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency is a semi-autonomous Government Agency established through Government Notice No. 269 of 30th July, 2010 under Executive Agency Act (Cap. 245) as amended from time to time. The Agency implements the National Forest and Beekeeping Policy of 1998 and the Forest Act (Cap 323 R.E of 2002) and Beekeeping Act Cap 224 R.E of 2002 which provide the legal framework for the management of forests and bee resources. The agency is among four units forming the Wildlife and Forest Conservation Service established by the Written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments) (No. 2) Act, 2020.
The Headquarters is located at Misitu House in Itega Area,Dodoma.TFS operates in seven zones as follows: Eastern zone (Kibaha in Pwani Region), Southern zone (Masasi District in Mtwara Region), Southern Highlands zone (Mbeya City in Mbeya Region), Northern zone (Same District in Kilimanjaro Region), Western zone (Tabora Municipal in Tabora Region), Lake zone (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central zone (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region). All operational matters of the Agency are handled at the Zones, while the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITIONS
TFS Lake Zone has 62 vacant positions, which need to be filled immediately with suitably qualified Tanzanians. The following are the particulars related to these positions:
Job Title: Forest Officer II (2 – Post)
Duty Station: Lake Zone
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields; Natural
- Resource Management, Natural Resource Management for Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry, Agroforestry, Forest Resource Assessment and Management, Forest Management and Nature Conservation, Wood Utilization, Forest Ecology, Forest Biology, Forest Economics or Forest Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Must have basic knowledge in computer applications.
- To supervise planting and management of natural forests and plantations;
- To conduct research related to forestry or environment;
- To enforce forest policies and legislation;
- To build capacity of staff and stakeholders;
- To conduct planning in forest and coordinate collection and analysis of forest products statistics; and
- To carry out other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Applicants must have clean criminal record;
- Application Letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, Postal Address, email address and Telephone number.
- Certifies Copies of Certificates
- Only Successful candidates will be contacted for further Procedures.
- All applications should be submitted through address mentioned below only.
Interested applicants should submit their applications by 25th August, 2023 3:30 PM through the following address:
Tanzania Forest Services Agency,
P.O BOX 919,