Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) established in 1959, is an autonomous voluntary National NGO originally incorporated under CAP 337 in 1973, established under the non-governmental organization Act No 24 of 2002 in 2019 with registration number 00NGO/R2/000231. UMATI is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) accredited in since 2015.
UMATI works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups, and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) with the goal of providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education, information, and services in Tanzania. The association has a long leadership history in SRH Programs in Tanzania including pioneering in Family Planning (FP) services, SRHR programs for young people, integrated Clinics, and Community-based service delivery approaches.
UMATI wishes to recruit a qualified and experienced candidate to fill in the following vacant position;
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Location: Kigoma Region
To coordinate daily operations of the Program and maintain a robust Project Management System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake day to day coordination of activities of the Programmes and manage communication
- Manage meetings of the Project, including preparing documentation and taking minutes as necessary;
- Identify action points during meetings and follow up with the concerned parties to ensure that action is taken;
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for all project documents, , project activities report , correspondences, and other documents for quick and easy reference;
- Provide support in preparation and formatting of reports;
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements;
- Track all projects in progress and ensure that all issues related to the projects are clarified and completed to avoid confusion and interruption during execution of projects.
- Carry out administrative duties by collecting data, sorting, filing and sending out project files to the right personnel, workers, and stakeholders.
- 9Keep records of all project items, and see to it that they are adequately delivered to the various units as directed by the Project Coordinator
- Work closely with the Data Officer for maintenance of Data management system
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma/Bachelor degree in any of the following areas; Business Administration; Project Management; Communication; Health Management
- 1-3 years’ experience in Administration, Operation/Office/Record Management
- At least 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a busy office environment, preferably in an NGO.
Check out Career Advice
We want to help you build a career you love. Get practical advice on finding a job, exploring different career paths, and succeeding in the job you already have.
- Cover Letter Mistakes That Will Send Your Application Straight to the Trash
- Sample Cover Letter With No Experience in Field (And How to Write Yours)
- How to Write a Cover Letter That Stands Out: 3 Steps
- Best Answer to “Why Are You Applying for This Position?”
- 20 Best Answers to “Why Did You Leave Your Last Job?”
- Best Answers to “Why Should We Hire You?” (4 Samples)
- How to Answer “Tell Me About Yourself” in an Interview (With 5 Examples!)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Experience with data management and spreadsheets.
- Excellent formatting, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success at prioritizing and effectively managing time.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of social/cultural issues
- Aptitude in common computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet browsers)
- Fluency in Swahili and English (both spoken and written)
- Ability to prioritize, direct, and complete work in a stressful environment with significant attention to detail
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for and a detailed CV in one PDF document.
Applications should be submitted by 16th August 2023 to the Executive Director through email email@example.com .
The position should be the subject of the email application. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UMATI is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.