Job Vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) June, 2023. Ifakara seeks qualified and experienced Assistant Nursing Officers.
Position: Asst. Nursing Officer (4 posts)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Assistant Nursing Officers (4 posts) at Ifakara Health Institute.
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
- Research Officer (Social Worker) – 1 Post at Ifakara Health Institute
- Laboratory Technologist (2 posts) – Bagamoyo
Ifakara seeks qualified and experienced Assistant Nursing Officers. The Nursing Officers will play a key role in the provision of research nursing services, day-to-day planning and execution of clinical study activities, and act as team players for a clinical study team consisting of research nurses and study physicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and contribute to the design of data collection tools such as source documents and case report forms.
- Educate volunteers on the study by using approved study information tools.
- Obtain informed consent from the study participants or their parents/guardians.
- Performs and document vital sign and anthropometry assessments.
- Collect and label blood, serum, urine and other specimens from study participants for analyses as described in the protocol or as requested by study clinicians.
- Assist senior study nurses in developing workflow procedures and duty rosters during clinical trial implementation.
- Assist in resolving problems relating to volunteer care and acts as a volunteer advocate.
- Give counsel to volunteers with respect to medical conditions and provides appropriate guidance related to research activities.
- Collect and document data as defined in the study protocols.
- Assess patient needs in order to diagnose, plan and implement appropriate nursing care for participants in clinical trials in accordance with the treatment guidelines.
- Track vital signs and carry out regular checks on the patient’s wellbeing.
- Monitor treatment plans, evaluate, advise and make appropriate recommendations to the Medical Officer or relevant officer as required, to generate and draft nursing reports as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure all study participants are aware of their rights and have signed consent forms.
- Maintain relevant medical records on participants, treatment etc. as may be required
- Performs other duties as assigned by Study Coordinator and Project Leader.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery.
- Proven experience in working in a clinical trial setting.
- Registered and allowed to practice as ANO by the TNMC.
- At least one year of working experience in a research organization will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient IV and phlebotomy skills.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and fine manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
- Attentive to detail with a strong follow-through ability.
- Proactive and confident with strong ethics and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Able and willing to take and follow instructions and to learn.
- Ability to work with high integrity and minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and hardworking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Team worker, able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance.
- Experience with computer programs at least intermediate level with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including on weekends.
- Ensure the study is done according to the working protocol and adherence to the ICH Guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, June 26th 2023.
All e-mail application subject lines should include ASSISTANT NURSING OFFICER – BimVac01 DAR.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Email: firstname.lastname@example.org