Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT) is a Microfinance Bank with very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation, KfW, African Development Bank and MicroVest. AMBT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited is offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our expansion process, we are looking forward to recruiting self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our IT department in the position of Business Software Developer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In depth research and business analysis of the bank’s operating process.
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications.
- Establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with both internal & external AMBT clients.
- Performing unit and integration testing before launch.
- Conduction of human centric design processes.
- Develop new software, mobile application, web-based interface and back end data management under the directives and instruction of the Head of Technology.
- Develop and maintain new databases.
- Collaborate closely with IT, Business Development and at large the whole AMBT team to set specifications for new applications.
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Understand current infrastructure of the bank, the disparate systems being used in collection, and storage of data, and help improve the procedures in place.
- Design and set up an OLAP database with a day end update frequency with ETL interfaces for multiple disparate systems that will deed data to the OLAP store.
- Conduct external market research where necessary.
- Coordinate between AMBT and vendor Service Delivery Manager on the timely delivery of new release, version and patches for CBS and the related software components
- Liaising with software vendors on the resolution of all errors, bugs and problems reported on the UAT projects, ensuring all reported software bugs and errors are resolved in a timely manner.
- Liaising with vendor, on the resolution of all post go live issues reported from all CBS users at the branches.
- Installation and setup of the test environment for CBS, SMS notification, Mobile banking, Agency banking.
- Coordinate between the Bank and the vendor in ensuring that all changes involving CBS and related software components are compiled and submitted to vendor on time.
- Liaising with vendor in ensuring timely delivery of all requested change.
Resolution of all reported CBS and related components service request reported through the ticketing system.
Requirements and Baseline Skills
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or comparable qualification.
- Must be skilled with databases (design schema, normalization etc) reports and web-based interfaces.
- Should be able to design databases optimized for retrieval and analytics.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Should be familiar with ETL and OLAP concepts.
- Experienced in CodeIgniter, Laravel, WordPress, Cordova, Ionic.
- Experienced in Restful/SOAP API Development and Integration.
- Well versed in MYSQL, MSSQL.
- Should know PHP, Ruby or any other scripting language to setup online reporting portals.
- Must have knowledge of java, Hadoop or hibernate.
- Experienced in GitHub is a must.
- Experienced in Odoo, Docker, Kubernetes will be added advantage.
- Problem solving, analytical and process oriented.
- Disciplined approach towards daily operations and documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally in English.
- Ability to take responsibility, work on own initiative.
- A genuine passion for technology, innovation, databases and mobile applications.
How to Apply:
Please send your application letter and CV by email to: email@example.com. Certificates and other relevant documents will only be required during the interview. Application letters should explain why you fit for this position.
The deadline for applying to this position is 22nd of June, 2023.
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer.