Job Vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) June, 2023. Ifakara seeks qualified and experienced Clinical Officers. Clinical Officer at Ifakara Health Institute (2 posts) – Dar es Salaam.
Position: Clinical Officer (2 posts)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: June 26, 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Clinical Officer at Ifakara Health Institute (2 posts)
Ifakara seeks qualified and experienced Clinical Officers. The Officers will be required to work in a selected health facility where they will recruit and conduct follow-up on study participants, including providing clinical care for any medical conditions presented by the study participants. Additionally, they will supervise community health workers and ensure the smooth recruitment of study participants. Therefore, they must possess excellent collaborative skills to work with health facility staff and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, follow up with and provide daily clinical care to all study participants.
- Ensure that all study-related forms are properly and accurately filled out and that data is entered into electronic data-capturing tools on a daily basis.
- Respond to queries, concerns, and issues raised by the Supervisor/Principal Investigator (PI) or a Monitor.
- Ensure that participants’ privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
- Oversee all field activities conducted at the site.
- Regularly communicate with other study staff at scheduled meetings and actively participate in all meetings.
- Ensure that the study is conducted according to the working protocol and adheres to the ICH Guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Maintain a close professional relationship with government officials in the study area.
- Work with the Study Coordinator and PI to ensure that study-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are complete and updated regularly.
- Supervise clinical activities at the respective health facility.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Holder of a diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- Registration with Tanganyika Medical Council is required.
- Valid practising license.
- At least one year of experience working in a research organization or other regulatory.
Skills and Competencies
- GCP qualifications and experience in clinical research, including coordinating recruitment, office organization, and minimal financial skills.
- Moderate computer skills, including Microsoft Office tools such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability, and integrity.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, June 26th 2023.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: CLINICAL OFFICER – BimVac01 DAR.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Email: firstname.lastname@example.org