Communications Officer at Tanganyika Law Society, June 2023. Interested candidates are invited to apply.
We are looking for a dedicated communications officer to join TLS Secretariat. The officer is expected to contribute to TLS internal and external communications through production and dissemination of high-quality, well-targeted communications. Core activities include managing the content and quality of TLS website, Wakili TV, social media, and other communications channels TLS use to reach its audience.
Scope of Work
The officer is expected to contribute to TLS internal and external communications through production and dissemination of high-quality, well-targeted communications. Core activities include managing the content and quality of TLS website, Wakili TV, social media, and other communications channels TLS use to reach its audience.
- · Serve as editorial in charge of Wakili TV and TLS social media platforms
- · Arrange interviews and host Wakili TV media programmes
- · Ensure Wakili TV news stories are accurate, legally sound and published/ aired in a timely way
- · Sustain a strong TLS social media presence and personality
- · Ensure content posted on Wakili TV and TLS social media platforms is timely, interesting and engaging across multiple audiences
- · Write, edit, distribute, circulate information, stories, features, commentaries and press releases to all TLS audience
- · Produce accurate, clear and consistent communication messages to highlight our works via different communications channels (website, Facebook, publications, events, newsletters, etc.)
- · Write credible, persuasive policy reports, briefings, blogs, speeches and other outputs designed to help TLS influence policy change or raise TLS external profile.
- · Identify opportunities and recommend appropriate approaches for effective engagement with key policy makers and decision-makers through targeted messages
- · Collects success stories and key achievement of TLS activities and write them to be shared with various target audiences
- · Draft appropriate response on several issues that require TLS public response e.g., press releases
- · Work with TLS communications team to plan, manage and deliver PR campaigns
- · Edit TLS annual reports, speeches, and other products that communicate TLS activities, products and/or services
- · Ensure the development of high quality, visually appealing and brand-aligned communications materials to achieve communications/marketing objectives
- · Use digital and non-digital platforms to raise stakeholders’ awareness about TLS including its activities, services and impact
- · Identifies events/ stories that capitalise media opportunities and packages stories and information in compelling ways for media to report on positive works and achievements of TLS
- · Develop and manage creative TLS communications products such as publications and newsflashes
- · Create engaging topical communication products targeting TLS members
- · Collects and report information on issues affecting TLS members
- · Create key educational or advocacy messages and disseminate to the specific defined target audiences
- · Strategize, plan, produce, update and edit content for TLS website
- · Produce interesting stories of TLS work for dissemination to external audiences
- · Respond to media inquiries
- · Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database
- · Monitor, collect, compile news from media and maintain a record of media stories which are relevant to TLS
- · Promote and conduct analysis of the impact of TLS communications activities
- · Build the communications capacity of TLS staff
- · Ensure communications and brand guidelines of TLS are properly adhered to
- · Perform any other duties related to the profession as assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., public policy, economics, statistics, sociology, political science or any other social science discipline from a recognized institution). Master’s degree preferred
– Minimum of 6 years working experience, preferably in a research or policy analysis role in a reputable institution
– Proven experience in research management and publication coordination
– Strong knowledge of research methodologies, data analysis, and academic publishing practices
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Proficiency in data analysis tools/software (e.g., SPSS, R, NVivo, etc.).
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare clear and concise research reports and publications
– Familiarity with academic publishing standards and guidelines
– Knowledge of research ethics, guidelines and regulatory requirements/frameworks for research
– Ability to work independently and manage multiple research projects simultaneously
– Strong organizational and time management skills
– Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining data integrity
– Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for literature review, data analysis, and manuscript preparation
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams.
How to Apply
If you have an interest in working with TLS, please email us your application and a detailed CV.
Explain in your application why you are the most ideal candidate for the job.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be addressed to;
The Executive Director,
Tanganyika Law Society,
P.O. Box 2148,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN JUNE 19, 2023