FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries globally.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified and experienced consultant to support Community Engagement and Outreach activities in Dar Es Salaam for its USAID EpiC project.
The meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), is a five-year global project (2019-2024) funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control by providing strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to achieve HIV epidemic control and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case finding, prevention, treatment programming and viral load suppression.
Overview on the consultancy:
- Under the supervision of the Regional Manager, Coordinate and support the CSOs to plan, timely implementation and monitoring of Community Engagement activities targeting KVP;
- provide technical assistance to CSOs to identify and receive comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment services while linking eligible AGYW to other implementing partners supporting young people in the region;
- Follow up with CSOs on Community ART audit and provide technical support on enrollment of KVP; supervise and monitor structural interventions such Violence Prevention and Response (VPR)activities and compile reports;
- Ensure all CSOs submit weekly community engagement report;
- participate in monthly Community Engagement meetings;
- Report writing and documentation.
- Review CSO’s monthly reports and develop regional quarterly reports.
- Development of the three months report on the consultancy services
- University degree in social sciences, public health, international development, or related field;
- 3-4 years’ progressive experience working with key population groups, and familiarity with internationally recommended policies:
- 3-4 years’ experience of supporting Gender Transformative community engagement interventions for HIV and GBV prevention programming;
- Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs), especially those working with vulnerable populations:
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision:
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills
Community engagement and outreach – Consultant Job Vacancy at FHI 360.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume email@example.com
Deadline 19 May 2023