Job Title: Company Accountant
TEVI MICROFINANCE COMPANY is a fast-growing microfinance institution operating in Dar es Salaam for almost 4 years. We provide demand-oriented financial services aimed at empowering microenterprises.
The company is currently seeking to recruit a qualified, highly motivated, self-disciplined, and experienced accountant to manage the day-to day financial transactions of the company.
- Prepare company financial statements (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and yearly) and performance trends.
- institute a cash and finance management system for the company.
- Maintain effective controls over all financial disbursements, savings withdrawals, and all receipts and collections (cash and bank deposits).
- Prepare reports according to regulatory and company requirements.
- To coordinate internal and external audits and ensure comments are addressed prior to the next audit.
- To keep accurate and up-to-date records of financial transactions
- Maintains an accurate and updated fixed asset register
- To perform all company administrative activities
- Performing any other duties as may be delegated or assigned from time to time.
Skills and experience are required.
- At least an advanced diploma in accounting with a professional qualification such as a CPA will be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate must have worked in microfinance for more than
2 years in the same position
- Experience working with a loan management system is highly desirable.
- The ability to work with spreadsheets is required.
Mode of Application
The deadline for application submission is November 10, 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.