Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE) Vacancy, July 2023. DSE is looking for an ambitious, highly motivated candidate with integrity and experience to fill the position of Trading and Market
Position: Trading and Market Operations Officer
The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE) was established in 1996 as a company
limited by guarantee without share capital. In June 2015, it changed to a public company
limited by shares and in July 2016 it was self-listed.
The principal activity of the DSE is, among others, to provide a platform for trading of listed
securities and facilitate companies to raise capital via the issuance of shares and bonds.
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE) Vacancy, July 2023
To enhance its operational efficiency, DSE is looking for an ambitious, highly motivated
candidate with integrity and experience to fill the position of Trading and Market
Operations Officer and thus, inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates.
Further details of the position are highlighted below.
The Trading & Market Operations Officer will be mainly be responsible for surveillance of
investment activities including automated monitoring of transactions and communications.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Holder of Degree in Economics, Accounting, or its equivalent from a recognized
- Must be Certified Securities Markets Certification Program recognized by Regulator.
- Minimum of two years working experience,
- Experience in any of the following areas: econometrics, statistical analysis, market
performance monitoring, business of stock exchange, regulatory and policy analysis
- Stock Exchange Systems and Process Knowledge, Economic Understanding,
- Ability to demonstrate Technical Leadership
- Ability to independently undertake the development, implementation, & on-going
management of stakeholders’ processes & procedures
- Familiar with Microsoft office package
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to results
- Excellent spoken and written English and Kiswahili language
- Internal and external contacts with stakeholders on routine and operational issues
FIND RELATED JOBS
- Pool Vehicle Driver at Kilombero Valley Teak Company (KVTC)
- New job opportunity at SWISSAID, July 2023
- Sales Officer, Merchant Acquiring Job Vacancy at PalmPay
- New Job Vacancy at FARAS Tanzania, July 2023
- New Job Vacancies at Baobab Hospital, July 2023
- New Job Vacancies at ICAP Tanzania July, 2023
- First point of contact for the resolution and escalation of market incidents in real time.
- Monitor market participant compliance with the trading rules, continuous disclosure
obligations and procedures.
- Engage and service a diverse range of stakeholders such as brokers, custodians,
system vendors, compliance officers, auditors, and regulators.
- Perform real time market monitoring by coding alerts accurately within set
timeframes and prescribed trading rules.
- Manage stakeholder queries ensuring alignment with the trading rules, policies, and
- Maintain operational documentation, perform statistical analysis, and organize data
for reporting to management, regulators, and internal/external audit.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams on continuous disclosure issues.
- Identify and implement process improvement to reduce operational risk, enhance the
customer experience and develop technical change.
- Identify, support, and participate in knowledge management activities and subject
matter expertise development.
- Investigate, reconcile, and resolve confirmation mismatches.
- Participating in UAT system testing of new applications.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Mode of Application
- The vacancy is also available under “Career” at DSE’s website: www.dse.co.tz
- Only online applications will be accepted via DSE’s website: www.dse.co.tz
- Applicants MUST register on the Job Portal and apply for the job providing all the
required information. Failure to do so, will result in an incomplete application.
The deadline for submitting the application is 28th July, 2023