Investigations Officer at Kilombero Sugar, June 2023. The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
Open Position: Investigations Officer (1 position)
Office Location: Kilombero, Morogoro
Reports To: Security and Emergency Response Manager
Investigations Officer at Kilombero Sugar
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
The successful candidate will assist the Security Manager in carrying out investigations on threats, whether overt or covert that are directed towards Illovo business interests.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising with relevant internal and community stakeholders in collecting of intelligence and information from informants.
- Administer bunches of investigations of thefts, drugs, gender protection and all related corporate frauds and cybercrimes.
- Engaging surrounding community leaders to ensure a sustainable and peaceful coexistence with Illovo and coordinate trainings to promote community intelligence collection.
- Collecting and analysing data of community policing issues and recommending strategies to enhance engagement with the community.
- Keep updated of all legal changes that can affect criminal investigations procedures.
- Do analyses and evaluations of potential recruiting of informants as well as to explore other information sources.
- Take part in joint security operations and required diligences for the recovery of stolen items and arrest potential suspects.
- Generate mitigation measures for existing threats to the business.
- Conducting investigations by attending to tip off anonymous cases which need input from the security department and submitting reports to relevant managers for appropriate actions.
- Assisting in prosecution of company cases by giving all evidence and forensic information in court and during internal disciplinary inquiries.
- Building a network of informants for intelligence gathering for proactive crime management.
Job Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology, Law, Military, Security Management or equivalent.
- Must have undergone Military Service Training.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience working in investigations or similar role in police/ military service or professional security company.
- Good communication skills, report and statement writing skills, witness interviewing skills with proven track record in investigations.
- Computer literacy.
TERMS OF SERVICE: The successful candidate will be engaged on Permanent Contract.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click Here to apply
to apply for the position on or before 27th June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.