Job Vacancy at Mtibwa Sugar; Shift Engineer, June 2023. Interested candidates are invited to apply for this position.
Job Vacancy at Mtibwa Sugar; Shift Engineer
Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited is urgently seeking to hire a well-experienced and competent Steam Turbine Technician.
Reports to : Engineering Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform shift supervision
- Ensure that all plant equipments are performing as required and do follow up of underperforming
- Ensure that breakdowns are attended in the shortest possible time to reduce Lost Time Available (LTA) in order to improve overall Time efficiency (OTE)
- To communicate timely all equipments breakdown to respective personnel such section Engineers and Managers
- To monitor and control the key performance areas in extraction plant such as
- Control and monitoring the performance of Front end, Mills, Boilers and Power house
- Maintain and control the performance of clarification, boiling house, centrifuging station and sugar packing
- Monitoring and keep the standards of hourly analysis laboratory reports
- Ensure good organizing to all shift workers for better production and communication
- Write the shift report on time
- Follow all safety and precaution measures and keep all factors to guide the workers and all equipments/ machines around
- Performs any other official duties as may be instructed/assigned by his/her superior as arises time to time.
- Demonstrate personal energy and commitment to achieving required outcomes
- Strong assessment skills
- Effective communication, Planning, Controlling, Reporting writing, Counseling, People Management, Leadership, Supervision and Resilience
- Team working
- Manpower management
- Computer literacy, Good Manufacturing Practices, Basic Business understanding and industrial relations.
- At least four years’ experience in supervisory in a chemical manufacturing facility / Supervisory experience in sugar factory.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Positive attitude, Flexible to changes and eager to learn new things.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCES
- University degree or equivalent in a related technical or engineering discipline
- At least 4 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in sugar industries
- Basic/foundation knowledge and understanding of engineering and mechanics
- Ability to read and apply of mechanical instruction manual.
- Ready to work long hours.
- Sound mental and physically health.
Attractive and negotiable salary will be offered
All applications should be addressed to; Human Resource Manager,
Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited,
P.O. BOX 42, MTIBWA.