Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New job opportunity at SWISSAID – Project Officer Marketing, July 2023. Interested candidates are invited to apply.
Position: Project Officer Marketing
Duty station: Mtwara-Masasi
New job opportunity at SWISSAID, July 2023
SWISSAID is a non-government organization headquartered in Switzerland with operations in nine countries. It has operated in Tanzania since 1972, focusing on small-scale farming, gender equality, and extractives. Swissaid Tanzania is implementing a CROPS4HD project in Lindi, Mtwara, Dodoma, Dar es Salaam, Pwani, and Morogoro, whereby the focus production regions are Lindi and Mtwara.
The following are the project’s key outcomes:
Outcome 1: The demand of urban and rural consumers for products from farmers’ varieties/ landraces, neglected and underutilized species, and a healthy diet is increased.
Outcome 2: Smallholder farmers, especially women, grow farmers’ varieties/ landraces and neglected and underutilized species as a viable business and improve their livelihoods.
Outcome 3: Regulatory frameworks, strategies, and policies at local, national, sub-regional, and global levels reflect the particularities of integrated seed systems, create an enabling environment for innovative market approaches and incentivize the consumption of healthy, diverse, and agroecologically produced food.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Areas of intervention on small-scale farming:
- Increasing smallholder farmers’ productivity and production through diversified agroecological farming.
- Improving smallholder farmers’ capacity to generate net income through productive agroecological value chains.
- Strengthening smallholder farmers’ organizations to enhance sustainability and accountability.
SWISSAID Tanzania is recruiting for a Project officer marketing responsible for technical and logistical assistance on marketing activities, including the Supervision of the Business groups as part of the SWISSAID Tanzania Country Programme.
Regions of operation:
- Field operations are mainly taking place in the regions of Mtwara and Lindi, but also to a limited extent in Ruvuma, Dar es Salaam, Pwani and other regions.
- Further information on SWISSAID is available at www.swissaid.ch ; and further information on agro ecology is available at www.fao.org/agroecology/en/
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assess the marketing and business planning capacities of local partners, and marketing actors, define, and implement strategies to mitigate any gaps.
- Conduct training for farmer groups and assist groups to implement a market-based production plan.
- Identify and capacitate market committee members to assist with collective marketing and selling of the produce.
- To coordinate and participate in the community awareness creation of healthy eating and other nutrition campaigns
- Assist in increasing the financial autonomy of the partner organizations.
- Support the opening and management of an agro-ecological shop in Project implementing areas and help broker deals between farmer organizations and buyers, while ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Help design and implement strategies to raise consumer awareness and preference of ecological produce.
- Record and maintain sales and production information’s from farmers organization’s at selling points.
- Participate in organizing and performing local, regional and national market studies as needed.
- Plan and conduct regular visits to collaborate organizations, including in remote areas.
- Facilitate planning and implementation of monitoring & evaluation activities.
- Participate in SWISSAID team activities, contribute to regular human resources, administrative, and finance matters as necessary.
FIND RELATED JOBS
- Sales Officer, Merchant Acquiring Job Vacancy at PalmPay
- New Job Vacancy at FARAS Tanzania, July 2023
- New Job Vacancies at Baobab Hospital, July 2023
- Jobs Opportunities at Akiba Commercial Bank Plc For, July 2023
- 2 New Job Opportunities at Diamond Trust Bank (DTB) Tanzania
- 4 New Job Opportunities at Insight Management Tanzania Limited
Minimum requirements and work experience
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following: BSc/BA in marketing, business administration, economics,
- Agricultural economics or any relevant field from the recognized institutions.
- Proven experience as a marketing officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
- Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics and ability to generate high level social media content
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience of working with multiple partners including the government, civil society organizations, academia, and or the private sector.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and promotion of gender equality and equity.
- Demonstrate high-level communication and analytical skills, report in English.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, must be computer literate.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and under pressure.
- Be focused on results with strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Be a team player.
Mode of application:
Candidates should submit a letter of intent describing how they qualify for this position, a CV, and two referees including contact phone numbers and email addresses at a suitable time.
Deadline: 5 August 2023.
Send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org