Job Vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) June, 2023. Ifakara seeks a qualified and experienced Pharmacist who will be responsible for coordinating, collaborating and providing expertise in support of clinical investigational drug trials.
Position: Pharmacist (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: June 26, 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks a qualified and experienced Pharmacist who will be responsible for coordinating, collaborating and providing expertise in support of clinical investigational drug trials. The Pharmacist will also perform education responsibilities, provide accurate and efficient dispensing of medication; perform administrative responsibilities; provide direct and/or functional supervision and maintain overall responsibility for pharmacy operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and implement GMP for IMPs Requirements.
- Conduct and maintain drugs/vaccine procedures as required (investigational medicinal product) accountability).
- Ensure drug storage and dispensing as per protocol instructions.
- Participate in the preparation and formulation of drug vaccine.
- Ensure proper handling of drug vaccine to other staff.
- Frequently monitoring and reporting study drug/vaccine supplies to the Project Leader.
- Ensure compliance with drugs and vaccine importation as per the regulatory procedure.
- Ensure compliance with study drugs/vaccine disposal procedures as per guild line.
- Initiate export and import permit applications and follow-up to ensure the availability of study drug/vaccine at the clinical trial.
- Adhere to and maintain protocol standards set during study implementation.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy.
- Working experience in Bioequivalence of Drugs and Assessment of Bioequivalence Data.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience as a pharmacist with a valid license and working with regulatory authorities and/or a research institute.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience with formulation-Medicines and vaccine procedures.
- Experience in dispensing procedures.
- Able to ensure cold chain management process.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A good team player.
- A hardworking person.
- Preparation of submission package for regulatory authority i.e., request of extension of shelf life and drug destruction approval, as well as drug import and export permit.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, June 26th 2023.
All e-mail application subject lines should include PHARMACIST – BimVac01 DAR.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Email: firstname.lastname@example.org