Relationship Manager; Consumer Liabilities at NMB Bank (1 Position), June 2023. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Relationship Manager; Consumer Liabilities at NMB Bank
Job Location :
Head Office, Hq
To manage the end-to-end Relationship of key stakeholders in the liability segment for the purpose of onboarding more customers and retain the existing portfolio.
To ensure the segment provides tailor-made solutions which caters for the needs of the segment.
Responsible for designing sales strategies and ensure smooth execution for the growth of the liability portfolio across the network.
- Actively engage and coordinate the branch network to execute strategies for driving loyalty and penetration to the mass segments (youth, groups, employees & pensioners)
- Driving growth of mass deposits through generating of sales strategies and embed sales culture of liability products across the network.
- Ensure continuous product improvement and digitization of processes.
- Proactively review with clients to increase wallet share by providing customized cash management solutions on collection, payment, payroll, internet banking, etc. to meet and exceed their business and operational requirements.
- Ensure high level of integrity through compliance, understanding of the liability portfolio, statutory and regulatory requirements as well as the Bank’s internal policy, procedure and manuals.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Branch Network Sales, Transaction Banking, Treasury, Products and Channels, Business Banking, Card Business, Digital Sales, Marketing, Bancassurance and Operations Teams to ensure the portfolio meets planned revenue and volume projections.
- Monitor and review deposits performance to ensure branch targets are met.
- Support Relationship Officers and branch sales team through coaching and coordination and participate in training of Relationship Officers
- Proactively nurture and leverage sustainable, robust stake holder relationship, coalitions and network internally and externally (Committees, Government Bodies/Officials, regulators, Banks, Community and Private entities)
- Manage customer expectations through effective queries, complaints and correspondences handling in a timely manner as per service operating standards
- Prepare budget and projections for the products, including existing as well as prospective and potential clients. Co-ordinate budget objectives to respective areas of responsibilities and ensure targets are achieved as per the approved budget
- Ensure leads generation directly or through branches for all the Personal Banking products.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced excel analytics knowledge of reporting.
- Knowledge of working with business intelligent objects preferably SAP ® Business Intelligence objects such as BI Web intelligence & Crystal reports
- Good customer relationship and sound understanding of bank’s liabilities products, policies, and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Retail Banking products and services
- Excellent knowledge of mass market sector dynamics and related laws.
- Sound understanding of other bank’s products, policies, and procedures for cross selling purposes.
- Excellent knowledge of banking operations and financial markets in Tanzania.
- Understanding and interest in financial/banking products and markets.
- Working across all levels of the organization to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implications of risk and regulations at both a strategic level and at the business unit level
- Demonstrated ability to assess financial trends and react to them to expand and manage portfolio
- Ability to drive change in a new environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills, influencing and problem-solving skills
- Good sales and negotiation skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced diploma/Degree in business related studies
- 5 years’ experience in banking operations, out of which 3 should be in relationship management and or sales role
- Candidates with strong acquisition or good networking background are preferred
- Experience of working with NGOs or financial inclusion projects or business development fields
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job closing date : 29-Jun-2023