Job Vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) June, 2023. Ifakara seeks qualified and experienced Research Officers (MD)
Position: Research Officer (MD) – 2 posts
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam & Bagamoyo
Apply By: June 26, 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks qualified and experienced Research Officers (MD). The role entails ensuring compliance, document submission, and staff qualification for Clinical Trial Site preparation. The Medical Doctor will be responsible for developing study procedures, recruiting participants, documenting adverse events, resolving queries, and enforcing protocol adherence. Additional tasks include community engagement, writing research papers, and training junior staff on GCP and SOPs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the site that has the standard facilities and qualified staff for the Clinical Trial.
- Ensure the site meets the standards required before conducting of study (Submission of documents completion of checklist (updating) and responding to questions addressed in collaboration with the sponsor /designee.
- Participate in the development of study standard operating procedures and study documents.
- Recruit, and follow up as study scheduled as specified by each protocol and SOPs.
- Ensure the documentation of follow-up of adverse events and serious adverse events until completion.
- Respond to and resolve all queries related to the study procedures.
- Ensure that protocol, standard operating procedures and all related study documents are well communicated and duly followed by all personnel involved in the trial.
- Ensure that all ethical concerns in the protocols are approved by the review board are duly followed in the trial.
- Attend community sensitization meeting(s) to recruit study volunteer(s).
- Write, present and publish research papers.
- Train GCP and SOPs to other junior staff.
Qualification and Experience
- Holder of a degree in Medicine from a recognized institution.
- Registered and allowed to practice as a Medical Doctor.
- At least one year of experience working in a research organization will be an added advantage.
- Trained GCP with a certificate will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Time management to establish priorities and plan the project timeline.
- Leadership and Management skills to run meetings and conflict resolution; be effective in decision-making.
- Interpersonal skills to minimize conflict and performance review/feedback.
- Be hardworking and flexible with time schedules
- Possess good communication skills (oral and written).
- Work in a professional and ethical manner accountability and integrity.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative)
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the workplace and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, June 26th 2023.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER (MD) – BimVac01 DAR/BAG.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Email: email@example.com
Job Vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) June, 2023 | Nafasi za Kazi Ifakara Health Institute