Sandvik Tanzania Vacancies, August 2023 – 5 Positions. The company is looking to hire individuals to fill new vacancies for Kahama, Mbeya, Tarime, Geita, and Mwanza.
Sandvik Tanzania Vacancies – Service Technician
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Service Technician to join our service department based at one of our operational sites within the Lake Zone. The role is responsible to ensure efficient maintenance of our client’s fleet of Sandvik Mining equipment.
Areas of responsibility
As the Service Technician, you will be
- Carrying out general workshop duties.
- Picking up and delivering of stores and components.
- Assisting technicians with repairs, cleaning and servicing of equipment.
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records.
- Adhering to all policies & procedures, especially EHS policies
- You are expected to be a Safety Leader at all times.
- Installation and repairs to fire suppression systems
- Repairs to all components brought to workshop i.e., cylinders etc.
- Daily reports to site supervisors as required
- Evaluation of components for forward planning
- Root Cause & Failure analysis and reports of components
- Recommend and or develop product or process changes to improve equipment performance or to better meet customer’s needs.
- Prioritize and schedule follow up services / maintenance plans
- Helping the Customer in proper Maintenance planning and ensuring that all planned works are executed according to required Standards both Engineering and Safety.
- Ensure all filing(history) is up to date and managed correctly
- Housekeeping in the workshops, and all surrounding work area
- You are expected to offer Practical Hands-on Training for the Sandvik Team as well as the Clients Team, whom you are working with. Records need to be kept in this regard.
- Any duties in relation to your profession and/or instruction from Supervisors
You hold a valid driver’s license. Experience working in a workshop or engineering facility and a strong commitment to EHS as you keep safety at the forefront of everything you do.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job, the ability to pass drug & alcohol test, reference checks and security checks.