Security and Emergency Response Manager at Kilombero Sugar, June 2023. The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
Open Position: Security and Emergency Response Manager (1 position)
Office Location: Kilombero, Morogoro
Reports To: Estate Support Head
Security and Emergency Response Manager at Kilombero Sugar
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
The successful candidate will develop, maintain and support efficient and effective security, crime prevention and emergency response expertise and guidance to country leadership.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage security contractors (including security services, crime prevention, critical incidents, emergencies and disaster recovery activities) across the full value chain.
- Ensure Security Contractors adhere to minimum standards as per service level agreement (SLA) and develop capabilities required.
- Ensure a fit-for-purpose Emergency Response Team and Incident Control Center is in place.
- Ensure compliance with group minimum standards and process for SCCIDR (security, crime, critical incidents and disaster recovery) with operations, adopt and embed agreed best practices.
- Maintain and regularly enhance the SCCIDR system to respond to emerging threat.
- Establish and implement systems, policies and procedures on security checks and vetting for all personnel prior and during employment with the company.
- Manage administration of access controls at all sites.
- Ensure security related data is captured, monitored, and managed effectively.
- Generate and submit accurate, timely reports in line with group standards.
- Drive continuous improvement by flagging gaps and optimising strategies for handling SCCIDR in the country, including technical reviews on security infrastructure and performance.
- Investigate and manage all security, crime and fraud incidents and all other required investigations including supporting prosecution and follow up cases.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Cooperate with civil authorities and emergency responders to ensure immediate response and support is available to all sites where an event occurs.
- Partner with community Services Coordinator /Manager to assess and mitigate potential security threats.
- Investigate and entrench enablers and new technologies to increase security and crime prevention levels and monitor the effectiveness of the installations.
- Compile and manage security budget with contractor.
Job Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology, Law, Security Management or similar
- 5+ years’ experience working in security at an operations management level.
- SAMTRAC / NEBOSH / HIRA qualification is an added advantage.
TERMS OF SERVICE: The successful candidate will be engaged on Permanent Contract.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click Here to apply
to apply for the position on or before 27th June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Check out Career Advice
We want to help you build a career you love. Get practical advice on finding a job, exploring different career paths, and succeeding in the job you already have.