(CUHAS) is looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals to fill the position of Senior Procurement / Supplies Officer II at CUHAS.
Senior Procurement / Supplies Officer II at CUHAS
The Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS) is looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: SENIOR PROCUREMENT/SUPPLIES OFFICER II
Holder of a Master’s Degree in Procurement/Logistics or related studies and full CPSP/IPS Certificate or equivalent qualifications and has been registered by PSPTB (NBMM) as Approved Stock Verifier/ Procurement Officer or its equivalent qualifications with at least three years’ work experience in related field in a reputable organization/Institution.
- Fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English,
- Good Computer skills,
- Excellent communications, presentational and organizational skills,
- Adherence to professional ethics and integrity,
- Personal organization and planning skills,
- Capable of rigorous analytical approach and results oriented,
- Adaptability, Flexible and stress resistant,
- The ability to work in a team and independently,
- The ability to work under minimum supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review procurement documents and prepare orders,
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers in accordance to Institutional polices and regulation,
- Develop and monitor cost-reduction strategies (cost control plans),
- Develop, maintain, and monitor inventory control and procedures,
- Develop, review, implement and monitor policies and procedures pertaining to purchasing, supplies and store keeping,
- Develop and implement systems to monitor vendor and supplier performance in collaboration with other internal stakeholders,
- Develop and implement IT policy within the procurement department,
- Understand, analyze, and evaluate organizational procurement requirements for goods and services,
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers,
- Encourage continuous improvement in competitive bidding practices,
- Track and schedule all materials, equipment, and personnel purchase orders,
- Track inventory levels and manage purchasing activities,
- Review supplier proposals and invoices in accordance to Institutional polices and regulation,
- Discuss and analyze material and equipment needs with architects and engineers,
- Track and report budgets on monthly basis (budget variance, and actual budget),
- Attend supplier meetings,
- Coordinate with staff, operations personnel, and outside agencies to ensure materials, equipment, and services are available when needed,
- Carries out clearing and forwarding activities,
- Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly purchasing and stores returns,
- Assist with contract preparation and management in collaboration with user department and legal unit,
- Performs any other related duties as may be
Successful candidates will be offered competitive packages and benefits in accordance with their qualifications and experience as per the CUHAS Scheme of Service.
- All applicants must be Citizens of
- Applications must be typed in
- All application letters must be accompanied by detailed and current curriculum vitae, all relevant certificates and full For applicants with foreign certificates, a recognition by TCU must be attached.
- Names and valid addresses (and phone numbers or emails) of 3 credible referees must be
- For applicants sending their applications through email, all documents must be attached as one PDF document.
The deadline is Friday 30th June, 2023 at 04:30 pm.
Applications must be addressed and sent to:
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES (CUHAS),
P.O. BOX 1464, MWANZA, TANZANIA.
Or E-Mail to: email@example.com