Senior Product Specialist at NMB Bank (1 Position), June 2023. Interested candidates are invited to apply for the job openings. Job vacancies at NMB bank, nafasi za kazi NMB Bank
Senior Product Specialist at NMB Bank
Job Location :
Head Office, Hq
Product Lifecycle Configuration is a sub- unit under Services Management.
The unit is responsible for managing the lifecycle of Core Banking Systems products from inception, through engineering, design, system implementation, to service and disposal of products.
The unit is accountable for ensuring all products related changes in the Core Banking Systems meets or exceeds quality level standards. The team is responsible to perform extensive business analysis and documentation of the requirements of complex product management projects, coordinating with cross-functional resources to achieve expected deliverables.
- Lead the implementation of products from concept to delivery by working closely with the business teams. Interact with external resources/software vendors to identify and resolve issues/problems and gaps.
- Gather product requirements related to Core Banking Systems from business units and translate them into technical requirements and solutions and/or write supporting requirement specification document.
- Partner internally with business stakeholders to understand technical trade-offs and architecture to drive product roadmap, positioning, requirements, and feature delivery.
- Provide product knowledge and mentoring to analysts and specialists.
- Business analysis and requirement documentation of complex product management projects for building of new products or enhancement / extension of current products.
- Ensure product readiness by all stakeholders is conducted before products are implemented in live environment.
- Oversee any new designs and deployments of all the products related changes in the Core Banking Systems.
- Ensure there is a clear end to end understanding of systems expectation and behavior.
- Define clear UAT test cases and scenarios and ensure a UAT is conducted and sign off is done for any changes on CBS systems (product/system setups, back-end fixes/patches, new releases).
- Manage products throughout life cycle in the Core Banking Systems. Analyze and simulate operational changes requested and ensure clear user acceptance tests are being signed off.
- Lead the periodic review and correction of different Core Banking Systems (CBS) products and services and ensure monitoring and continuously enhancements of the existing products in the system are handled with high technical expertise and reduce possibilities of income leakages.
- Ensure there is clear process and procedure to govern changes requested by business before implementation.
- Keeping track of all changes in existing products portfolio for audit purposes. Ensure all key issues of the system are being resolved/managed regularly.
- Work together with the various users of Core Banking Platforms, to provide support, system updates, testing, documentation, end-user training, etc.
Innovate and propose new ideas on products offering using Core Banking Systems (CBS) technologies
- Explore systems capabilities which are not utilized and advise the business of the products and services which can be offered to customers.
- Link between business updates to application development to ensure technology solutions support business requirements.
- Lead the development of workflow improvements (i.e., the implementation of automated solutions to replace manually performed functions) throughout the various departments making use of the core banking applications.
- Identify systems gaps and develop suitable plans to close the gaps.
- Follow industry trends through exploring complementary and competitive products, meeting with partners, attending conferences, and investigating new technologies.
- Lead the products training efforts for all touchpoints to the business users, inclusive of documentation, publications, e-training tools.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate ability to communicate complex issues and concepts in a simple manner.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Product knowledge and ability to interpret in Core Banking Systems.
- Knowledge of Core Banking Systems and different platforms of banking products.
- Strong understanding of banking industry trends.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, balancing competing priorities.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with changing priorities.
- Committed attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated advanced analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to lead teams and motivate team members, as needed.
- Excellent in working with teams and with colleagues on a one-to-one basis.
- Understand and navigate organization; Ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate /Post-graduate in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/ Mathematics/ Information Technology or any other related field
- 8 years experience working in product analysis & system set up environment.
- Strong leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in the banking related environment and use of Core Banking Systems.
- Demonstrated experience working in a deadline-oriented environment managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Experience on SQL querying and database developments.
- Financial service experience in product management or related areas including relationship management, IT development, and project management.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job closing date : 29-Jun-2023