Company: Ngorongoro Safari Lodge
Location: Karatu- Arusha
Reports to: Head of purchasing department.
Ngorongoro Safari Lodge is a high end five-star lodge in Arusha- Karatu area currently has available a position for storekeeper. We are currently seeking an experienced, and thorough storekeeper to join our rapidly growing firm. In this role, you will demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and experience.
Please only apply by email below with Resume, Qualifications, availability, and a cover letter demonstrating suitability for the position.
Storekeeper Vacancy at Ngorongoro Safari Lodge
Responsibilities of Storekeeper
- Receive and forward all types of goods and deliveries in and out of the property to the correct point of storage area.
- Follow all standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store’s area of operation.
- Monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
- To categories the materials category wise and stock in the appropriate locations.
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Monitor Periodic Automatic Replacement levels for all maintenance items to ensure proper levels.
- Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- Responsible for storage of all maintenance goods including food & beverage and operational stock.
- Responsible for the day-to-day check on the storage facilities of upkeep and hygiene.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Ensure all store requisitions are issued after approval and signed by concerned a person on collection.
- Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
- Ensure store requisition are signed by the person collecting the goods and they are filled.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating fuel, lubricants, construction materials storage, food and beverage items.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk / payable assistant in finding out any cost discrepancies.
- Cross checking all requisitions daily against the inventory management system, rectify or reporting any issues.
- Prepare purchase orders and submit for signature of manager and send to different suppliers.
- Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
- Troubleshoot any vendor delivery issues and oversee/follow up on the return process.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, excel and related software, and software used to maintain inventory.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials in and out of store.
- Learning aptitude and willingly adapt to changes in their workplace.
Education & Experience.
- Degree in procurement, business management or any related business field.
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping will be of added advantage.
How to Apply:
Please send your application and resume not later than 24th June 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.